market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Stretches for Farmers (Allan Balliett)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Stretches for Farmers (Allan Balliett)
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 10:25:32 -0700 (PDT)

> After giving myself permanent back damage through a misunderstanding
> of one of the positions in Salutation to the Sun in my self-taught
> yoga routine almost 20 years ago (best said that in the middle of the
> routine I some how decided that I needed pain for gain), I'm rather
> hesitant to start something on my own.

>Poor baby! I also did yoga on my own for many years and managed to hurt
my back pretty badly doing "advanced" poses...
I know there's no time to learn anything mid season, but a few winters I
studied Tai Chi with an excellent teacher and have kept up a steady
routine.
My teacher was in his 80's and stressed the benefits of Tai Chi for the
aging body...As I step into my 60's next month, I find the gentle standing
stretches to be extremely helpful.
Sora home from market for the first time in 10 years with the flu.