market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Baby Squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Baby Squash
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:07:07 -0400

I love the round zucchini's. 8 ball, Floridor, and the geode. Floridor are
my favorite. I think the taste is much better than a normal zucchini for all
of these From Johnny's. All 3 of these look great in a big basket at market.
Softball size and a little smaller is what people buy, if very small, they
won't buy them. It takes educating the people for these to sell, but they do
come back and buy more. They are great to stuff, and then also great for
zucchini bread. They do produce well. I still have to have the regular
zucchini, and have many other varieties.
Sue
Vermont