market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] inexpensive gel packs for coolers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] inexpensive gel packs for coolers
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 18:14:23 GMT

I found something similar at Walmart, in the camping supplies. We put it in
our coolers for lettuce. We also tried putting it in a container on the table
with lettuce on top for display. That didn't work out too good. It melted
fast, customers couldn't really tell what a "head" was, so we've gone back to
setting lettuce out in individual containers. We've been lucky the past few
Saturdays. Cool, rainy weather. The lettuce doesn't wilt much under those
conditions.
Carla
Perkins, OK. 16 days in a row with rain

Criminal Lawyers - Click here.