market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] starting pepper plants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] starting pepper plants
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 13:54:18 -0400

How deep was the seed? My experience with indoor sprouting is that seed on
the surface does fine, as long as the top is kept moist. Seed buried too deep
may not sprout. Also, peppers may take a week--did you wait that long? I have
had no problems (knock on wood) with unsoaked pepper seed placed on top of
the soil with plastic covering and bottom heat.

--
Richard Robinson
http://www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/