market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Wheel cultivator/hoe suggestions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Wheel cultivator/hoe suggestions
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 12:32:46 -0400

Here is one to look at.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/catalog/product.aspx?scommand=search&search=wheel%2bhoe&item=9087&category=292&subcategory=640

Thanks,

Farmer Breck

From: market-farming-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:market-farming-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of ramoyer AT gmail.com
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 9:19 AM
To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Just bought our farm last summer. Have about an acre under cultivation and have begun selling at local market. Spinach, eggs, sorghum and maple syrups now.
Am using an Earthway HiWheel Cultivator for weeding and to work in amendments; my children want to help.
The Earthway design is too topheavy for my early teen and preteen girls.

Any recommendations for a wheelhoe with a lower center of gravity than the Earthway?
We have loam with very few rocks, so the going is not too bad.

Thanks,
Richard Moyer
Castlewood
, VA