market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] edible podded radishes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] edible podded radishes
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 12:25:01 -0400

When I grew them 2 years ago, I only had a few seeds so I started them in the greenhouse in a 72 cell tray and transplanted them into one short row with ~6 inches between the plants. I did not need to trellis them. They grew pretty vigorously, so if I was to do them again in any sort of quantity, I would probably direct seed.

Andy

Randy James wrote:
We just got our Rat's Tail radish seed in the mail yesterday and are really excited to try it out. The seed pack from Baker Creek provides no information on growing it. It just gives info on regular root type radish. Can you give more details on how your growing it? Spacing? Are you direct seeding or transplanting and does it need trellising?

Thanks!
Randy
silvanacrossing.com