market-farming - [Market-farming] Dealing with Bindweed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jay sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Dealing with Bindweed
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:40:55 -0700 (PDT)

We have always had a bindweed problem in our garden plots.  We have been very diligent and pull it by hand every year, all year.  It is getting much better.  We have also put down mulch (straw), and black plastic. The straw helps, but the black plastic did nothing. It just grows over to a hole and pokes through. I have used chemical, but I don't want to spray when the garden is planted. Does anyone have an easier way to get rid of it?