market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] our first time at market Saturday

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] our first time at market Saturday
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 12:09:16 -0400

I don’t know what you have to sell, but if possible, do have samples of greens, etc, if you can. Most people do know the taste of spinach, but samples do help make sales. I try to have samples of my asian greens, and what ever I can. I have found quite a few people don’t know how to cook, and need to know what many vegetables are used for. I think samples are messy and a hassle, but are good for selling. I hate having samples of my jellies, violet, basil, and mint, but people want to know what they taste like or they don’t bother to buy. I end up with jelly all over the place.

You may want to take a snack and a drink.

Good Luck!

Sue

Vermont