market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pole bean trellising

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pole bean trellising
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:45:52 -0500

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:26:19 +0000, you wrote:

>Does anyone have a pole bean trellis method that they're happy with?

I use cages made of concrete reinforcing wire (about 18" in diameter), with
the beans planted both inside and outside the cages. (The cages are the
same as my tomato cages, actually.)

These aren't terribly tall - there's no point in having them taller than I
can comfortably reach. I'm happy with them and they are easily portable
and were easy to make.

Maybe they would be too expensive by now; fortunately, we stocked up on the
rebar mesh a few years ago.

Pat
-- North-Central Pennsylvania, USA
www.meadows.pair.com/articleindex.html

The world has enough for everyone's need,
but not enough for everyone's greed.

Attributed to Mahatma Gandhi.