market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pole bean trellising

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pole bean trellising
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:54:26 -0500

Regards to the list:

Ken we have used arched cattle panels for pole beans and it works well. We use the arches for cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and blackberries also. One can stand under the arch and reach up to pick the beans. I also plant lettuce and greens inside the arch and it does well in the heat of summer, being shaded by the beans. I haven’t checked the price of cattle panels lately, but they’re probably pricey now.

Where do you get the netting at a good price?

Marie in Missouri