market-farming - [Market-farming] micro greens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz" <liz AT horseshoegardens.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] micro greens
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 14:01:47 -0400

tell me about 'em.  I experimented with 5 trays and harvested the first batch today.  Very tasty the "lettuce" on blt's ; ))  Now to nail down selling them. I think I remember trays being taken to market and harvested there?  I'd prefer to do it at home because our market space is sooo small (if we're lucky enough to get an inside space).  What do you charge and what types sell well?

Liz Pike
Horseshoe Gardens
Hillsville VA
zone 6b/7a