market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] "new" vehicle

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Huntingfool306 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] "new" vehicle
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:25:08 EST

We have an 07 Toyota RAV4 and we love it. Good on gas 4  Wheel Drive a great little car. But if I had to use it to move lots of produce it would not be the best choice. The total weight limit passengers and cargo is listed in the book at  850 pounds, which is not a lot when hauling produce there is a third seat package which raises the limit to 1100 ponds and may give you some more room. We have the optional tow package and I would recommend that.

For a daily driver upstate in our conditions it is a great car  The back is pretty roomy when you put the seats down but for produce a mini van is the way to go if you ask me. They hold a lot are good on gas cheap to insure ,have good safety ratings and if you are going to be selling in the cities then not having commercial plates can be a big plus. They are lots of roads where commercial vehicles are not allowed.

Sue
Stamford NY

Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your neighborhood today.