market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] "new" vehicle

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] "new" vehicle
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 08:26:22 -0500

Beth, like you, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a larger vehicle for deliveries. My Mazda Protégé passed away and I replaced it with a Toyota Sienna mini-van. It should hold a lot of produce and is large enough to add a trailer if need be. I paid about $11K in 08’ for a 06’ with 35K miles; this was before the huge reduction in new car pricing. I would consider a new Kia mini-van in today’s market. Mini-vans have better storage capacity compared to SUVs’ If you are not worried about a lack of AC on your produce and don’t need a back seat then a small pickup might work well. There appears to be great deals on new Ford Rangers available. With the deeply discounted prices and 0% or near 0% financing the new vehicles are very appealing.

Good luck,

Farmer Breck

Crestwood, KY 40014-7704