market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] how many tomato plants?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] how many tomato plants?
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:03:08 -0500

Thanks for that link to Virginia Tech. Great info. In the past, at farmers
markets, I've been known for heirloom tomatoes. However, most CSA folks went
for round red. Thanks for you variety suggestions too. WE have been
fortunate if staked and with landscape cloth down I get very little disease
until late season. But, yes, Big Beef and Early Girl have made it to frost
in good shape - no sprays.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY
Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com
Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and
geese

Wendell Berry

Moore Lappe