market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Curing, or Cut-n-Plant, potato seed pieces

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Curing, or Cut-n-Plant, potato seed pieces
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:08:17 -0600

Greetings,
Fire ants don't like cinnamon. They will vacate garden beds that are sprinkled liberally with it. The urine of meat eating human males, especially the early morning variety will kill a fire ant hill, but I am not sure how your customers would like it.<grin>
Bright Blessings,
Kim

Willie McKemie wrote:

Many potatoes get ruined by fire ants. If you're organic, I don't know what options you have. Else, soil application of Lorsban.