market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Curing, or Cut-n-Plant, potato seed pieces

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Steve Diver" <steved AT ipa.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Curing, or Cut-n-Plant, potato seed pieces
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:03:59 -0600

Steve,

Verlin Rockey, of Milk Ranch Potatoes, told me years ago that you either
cut and plant immediately, or you cut and let sit long enough to callus.
Usually, we cut and plant immediately, and it works well as long as we
don't get a week of rain afterwards to rot them. His other piece of
advice was to make sure that the soil temperature was above 50 degrees
F.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm