market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] germination chamber

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] germination chamber
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:40:49 -0500

Marie,

A friend told me that he used to start his seeds in the oven, using the oven light to provide a heat source.

Tom
Near Lake Erie

We have a three-door freezer unit from a local grocery store. It has no
compressor. We have it under the shed of the barn and when the sun hits the
glass doors, it gets really warm inside. Is there any way to use it as a
germination chamber? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Marie in Missouri