market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tractors, again...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: michelle rome <michelleann7 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: davepurpura AT yahoo.com, 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tractors, again...
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:30:36 -0800 (PST)

Dave
For a small tractor the Kubota is a good one. Shop several Kubota dealers.
For the bigger tractors, Mahindra (good value)- I own two.
When I was tractor shopping a few years ago I used and still use
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/index.php for researching brand and model
numbers. Search on the model numbers on specific forums and you will get some
intereting reports from folks that own these tractors.
We all learn from each other. If you have a small farm (less than 5 acres)
stay small. If you have a large farm you will need a couple of tractors.
Don't discount some of the older reliable models like the masseys with the
perkins engines or the little john deeres with the yanmar engines.
Happy researching,
Michelle

Michelle Hromyak
Romy Farms