market-farming - [Market-farming] CSA share sizes?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] CSA share sizes?
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:54:13 -0500

We are doing some planning for a trial run of CSA production. I know the
contents of the weekly share varies with the season and the vagaries of
production, but what guidelines do you all use to buy seed and plan your
planting? How many pounds of beans, tomatoes, greens, leeks, etc, etc, etc,
do you hope to pack into the weekly share when that crop is producing? Can
anyone point to some lists that show this? Much appreciated.

Richard in zone 5, where the snow is deep but the days are getting longer

--
Richard Robinson
http://www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/