market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] heat mats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] heat mats
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:10:12 -0500

Sometimes these are called propagation mats as well.  The commercial mats I use plug into a controller that can run up to 6 22"x60"  mats.  The controller has a thermocouple that one plugs into the soil that you are trying to heat so it controls the soil temp pretty well and will work with other mats.  The mats are very durable, pretty thick and rubber clad, but they weren't cheap.   I paid about 100 each for the mats but it looks like they have gone up.  I need to get some more but think I'll look around for a cheaper price as I don't make an Engineers salary anymore LOL.  I think I got them from the Greenhouse Megastore, the ones they have look like what I have anyway .  Might not be what people are looking for because of the price but here is a link if anyone wants to take a look

Click for VA loan resources and rate quotes.