market-farming - [Market-farming] Friends of the Market Programs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Debbie Moore <caverdjmoore AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Friends of the Market Programs
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:02:28 +0000

How many of your markets have such a program for generating operating
expenses? What do "Friends" get besides warm fuzzies? We are in an
economically depressed area and recently had what little funding we were
receiving funneled elsewhere. So we are racking our brains trying to come up
with something...at the same time we are researching changing our market to
have more of a regional footprint to drive tourism into our area, as most of
the surrounding counties have better demographics.

Any input or direction for more resources appreciated.

Debbie
west central Ohio