market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Excess phosphorus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Shawnee Flowerfarmer <farmingflowers AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Excess phosphorus
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:59:59 -0500

This is exactly the problem with soil testing: interpretation of results.  Go slowly before attempting to tweak your soil ecosystem.  If your crops meet expectations now....observe for awhile.  You can also learn much from your persistent weed species.  The soil ecosystem is extremely subtle.  I always remember this advice from growers before laboratory testing was common and profitable: feed the soil and the soil feeds the plant.  Shawnee, zone 5 and planting kale this week