market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Excess phosphorus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bobbett <bobbett AT alltel.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Excess phosphorus
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:15:29 -0400

Pam Twin Oaks wrote:

But in practice how can I
do this without drastically reducing the productivity of the land? Our
crops look great.

If you're not having a problem w/ the excess phos AND your crops are growing great and producing, what's the problem? *I* wouldn't change things.

Well, of course, not everything is perfect, we do
have weeds, but overall, we get lots of food. Some people say, if the
crops seem fine and the pH is good, if you're farming organically
don't worry, the plants will sort themselves out. Do others think this
is true??

Yes!

Bobbett, KY zone 6
http://www.localharvest.org/store/M19189&ul