market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seeking to buy pecans and walnuts (at less than the price of gold)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seeking to buy pecans and walnuts (at less than the price of gold)
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:34:01 -0400

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 16:43:34 -0500, you wrote:

>I would be interested also, I do alot of baking and have had to adjust
>prices of items to justify the cost of nuts and unfortunately it is
>effecting sales. Same requirements, unsalted and not roasted.

I do some baking, not a lot, but I eat a small amount of nuts each day,
both for their nutritional content (the healthy fats) and because I like
them. My husband has started eating a small amount of them each day too.

Sunflower seeds are cheaper, but it's better (nutritionally and so as not
to suffer from 'boredom of the taste buds') to have a variety.

That's a pretty good phrase I think: boredom of the taste buds. :)

Pat
-- northern Pennsylvania
Website: www.meadows.pair.com/articleindex.html