market-farming - [Market-farming] Seeking to buy pecans and walnuts (at less than the price of gold)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Seeking to buy pecans and walnuts (at less than the price of gold)
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 13:54:31 -0400

Hi,

Are there any pecan or (English, not black) walnut growers here? I'd like
to buy approximately five to ten lbs. of each or either, RAW, UNSALTED -
that's five to ten lbs, if shelled (I don't know what the unshelled
equivalent would be). Either halves or pieces will do.

I'd prefer shelled nuts, but will take unshelled (especially if we could
save $$$ by shelling them ourselves).

If we can reach agreement, I'd probably be a continuing customer.

I used to buy them from BarryFarm.com or Bulkfoods.com but their prices
have zoomed through the stratosphere, no doubt partly because of higher
fuel prices, but maybe partly because of the bee problem (CCD). (I believe
these nuts are insect-pollinated.) We just cannot afford those prices!

If you sell them, please email me, including prices. I could mail a check
or pay through PayPal (if you accept it). The nuts would be mailed to our
home in Pennsylvania or sent via UPS or FedEx Ground.

(To repeat: Only RAW and UNSALTED. Not roasted, not dry-roasted, no
salt.)

Thanks very much!

Pat Meadows
-- northern Pennsylvania