market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Naming the gardens...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Naming the gardens...
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 08:03:22 -0500

Good Morning!

A good farm name is important, and as you know, hard to find.  We call ourselves Au Naturel, mostly because we wanted something that reflected that we use organic growing practices (at the time we were certified, no longer are, but are using the same practices). Au Naturel, with the French pronunciation, set us a little apart, but not too much.  It has really worked. And, something we didn't think about at the time, most farm lists are alphabetical, and with our farm name starting with an 'A', we are usually at the top of the list.  So, if folks get tired of reading, they have usually seen our farm name before they 'tune out' or 'click back'.  The "bad" part is that sometimes folks think we are some sort of nudist colony!  :)

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm