market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Naming the gardens...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcy" <mlynn AT pcisys.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Naming the gardens...
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:15:09 -0600

I wanted a story to it, but not our name and not too local so as to limit the area.

So we started out as ArkValley Farm for the Arkansas river valley. Put it had no personality to it. Several years later after some friends helped us put the cover on the greenhouse and we were eating a late breakfast with all who had helped, one of the guys said “Not too bad for a bunch of greenhorns - the greenhorn greenhouse.”  Add to that the fact that we have a beautiful view of Greenhorn Mountain and we came up with Greenhorn Acres.  Sometimes I think it just takes time to find a name that works.