market-farming - [Market-farming] Garden problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Garden problem
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:02:30 -0500

Greetings,

I just got through with the extension agent identifying the bugs causing havoc in my garden. All are new this year, we have never had them before, but it has been weird weather. The Agent could identify critters, but he only has chemical answers, nothing sustainable or organic.

Wire worm
leaf footed bug
stink bug
field cockroach - this one he had to look up, he hadn't seen it before.

Is there any one treatment that will get the works? I did read the stuff on leaf footed bugs this AM, does it have to be essential oil of peperment? Would a peppermint tea work? [I have MCS]

Suggestions appreciated. I did apply seaweed extract to support the plants while I was waiting for my appointment and I do have compost tea brewing that will be ready tommorow, to give the plants some help.

Bright Blessings,
Kim Travis
The Rose Colored Forest
Texas