market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Planting Sweet Potatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Glen Eco Farm" <glenecofarm AT planetcomm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Planting Sweet Potatoes
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:00:40 -0400

I don't know about the heat. We tried black plastic on our ridge one year. Our memory is not clear, but I think there is a greater risk of moles or voles getting in there and eating the tators. Wouldn't less rain water get to the roots?
One thing we do have a clear memory of is the deer eating off the sweet potato leaves.
Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Balliett" <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>