market-farming - [Market-farming] treated seeds consequences

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "E C GRANATA" <elainegranata AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] treated seeds consequences
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:49:21 -0600

Folks:  I inadvertedly planted some seeds, unmarked, that were treated.  My questions:  what effect does this have?  I know it will "pollute" the soil and eventually drain into the water table.  But what will it do to the plant (bean)?  Will there be residue in the beans themselves?  Should I destroy the plant after harvest instead of putting it into the compost pile or tunrning it in?

Thanks for any help.

Elaine
Denver