market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] liability insurance

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] liability insurance
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:20:09 -0400

The NYS Farmers Market Federation offer liability insurance for vendors and
direct marketers, through Farm Family Insurance. I have liability as part of
my farm insurance package. The Farmers Market Federation insurance requires
vendors to also have their own insurance, and name the market as an
additional insured. I have to name all my markets and product categories
(eggs, broilers, vegetables, cut flowers) on my farm policy.

Sorry I won't be more detailed, but my field was plowed and disced today, it
is 77 but getting late enough to cool off, we just set the wheel spacing on
my new G, so ....

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead
Peru NY
http://rhomestead.com

Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Francis
Moore Lappe