market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Poly Storage Bins?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Poly Storage Bins?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:36:00 -0400

Seems like every time a suit from the university need to generate some ink it is about potato handling. There are reams of stuff you can look up but mostly it says pad edges of handling equipment, do not drop over 6 inches, kill tops ahead of harvest to harden skins. At this place a constant presence at all stages of handling; preaching that fresh potatoes need to be handled like eggs
was the cheapest and most effective preservative.

I would try the Nolt 1251, and if the drain holes cause a bruise, add a newspaper to the bottom. I would then not fill them too full, as over a BU. (60lbs) causes workers to drop them rather than handle gently.

Thats my 2ยข.

MAsteveINE