market-farming - [Market-farming] rant

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT mymarketfarm.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] rant
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:08:05 -0400

 Tell me how you work through this.

I 've always been almost to the point of obsessive-compulsive about tool storage/organization, maintenance, land prep and keeping tasks on a schedule, with room for flexibility for whatever emergency arises -basically a fear of getting behind and never getting caught up!!   Apparently this does not compute with dh.  I've spent half my day today, finally sans rain and wind, locating the things I needed to work.  I finally found everything scattered across 2 farms (including the tractor bucket that was disconnected atop a pile of granite dust, on the edge of a steep ridge which meant I had to spend 40 minutes easing the thing back towards me with the tractor so I wouldn't push it over the edge trying to hook it up!!!  Doesn't everyone know what an equipment row is???  And that IF you return things to their "parking space" in this equipment row, it'll be there the next time you need it??? AND if it's located as near the shop as possible then repairs can be made within walking distance???  Does that not make sense, or am I speaking martian??  hmmph...mutter, mutter, mutter....

Liz
MSG
Hillsville VA