market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Seasons

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Shawnee Flowerfarmer <farmingflowers AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Seasons
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:33:55 -0500

Oh...molds and mildews...sigh.  Don't get me started on molds and mildews and the long winter of hassling with them, the baking soda solutions, the fans and so on.  I was going to put mold and mildew in the greenhouse season rant, but was getting a bit down about it all.

 (Don't anyone post advice about ventilation etc.  I know all that.  I am just having a pity party.  There never was a greenhouse perfect enough to get me through the winter without a panic attack, never mind the snow load, the winds, the fuel costs.   The only reason that I didn't whine about rodents and what they cost the bottomline is because the nursery cat produced six kittens on February 25th, and the family is living in the greenhouse.  No rodents this year.....but SIX kittens to be dealt with.)  I've nearly stopped believing in spring......

Shawnee, zone 5, and so tired...