market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cleaning out a Boom Sprayer

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cleaning out a Boom Sprayer
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 09:54:26 -0500

Better cut it up and sell for scrap, why take chances, the ghost of Monsanto may be living in there.

Seriously now, you will be well served to get rid of all the hoses, valves, pipes, fittings and nozzle;s as even if that whiststuff is just soap suds or hard water residue it is going to crumble, settle out, hide in corners or joints and plug things up for years.
When I needed to rinse and had no better place I hung the boom paralell to the road and sprayed on the roadside where nothing was going to be harvested or eaten. Also if using a known amount of water you can do a super accurate calibration check.

MAsteveINE