market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Got hope?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Liz Pike <strawbry_wine AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Got hope?
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 20:29:33 -0800 (PST)

I get out off the place on a daily basis and hear from those who have those sorts of jobs that looking tempting with their stability (no weather delays) and steady income.  But nowadays, even those jobs are no guarantee.  I can't tell you how many folk I see that have been let go after multiple years of service, like Marie was saying.  I feel so bad for these folks because at least I can feed my face, and my skill set is such if I can't do one thing, I can easily do something else--aren't farmers the original "jack (or jill) of all trades"??

One day your children will thank you for the opportunity and memories.

Liz Pike
Morning Star Garden.com
Hillsville VA  -1 this morning!