market-farming - [Market-farming] 1. Farmers market fees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] 1. Farmers market fees
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:00:01 -0800 (PST)

> I was just curious how much your market charges to set up.

We charge $10 for a season membership (this covers insurance) plus 5% of
gross sales. We have an all volunteer Board of Directors,and a volunteer
manager who is paid $20 per Saturday. We run regular radio, newspaper and
handbill ads and have a music "event" once a month. There's one Holiday
Market, set up inside a local school and the fees for that one market are
$20.
These fees are quite low and really need to go up in order to pay a
manager properly.

  • [Market-farming] 1. Farmers market fees, sora, 11/24/2007