market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] West Coast Tomato Weaving?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] West Coast Tomato Weaving?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:49:59 -0400

When we tressis our tomatoes, I go down one side and then up the other (rather than inbetween each plant).

Why inbetween each one? Just to keep them apart from one another? Does it make that much of a difference?

How tight do you pull the twine? I try to keep mine very tight, is this not necessary/

I also put a 'twist knot' around several stakes down the row so that I a string breaks I do not loose most of the row.

Tom
Limerock Orchards and Roadside Market