market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] garlic scapes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jerry and Marienne <kreitlow AT cmgate.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] garlic scapes
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:27:54 -0500

We don't have a market for the fresh scapes near us, so we cut them and let them lie. I do let some of my porcelains go to seed and use the scapes for display purposes - nice conversation starters.

BTW, our Sustainable Farming Association restaurant at MN Garlic Festival is called "The Great 'Scape". Some people get the joke.

Jerry Ford
Living Song, Howard Lake, MN, Zone 4ish
Director, MN Garlic Festival
www.sfa-mn.org