market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Drip Irrigation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Home Grown Kansas! <hgkansas AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Drip Irrigation
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:50:15 -0700 (PDT)

I would also recommend checking out this site.-- http://www.robertmarvel.com/
elzie
wichita

Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org> wrote:
Bill said:
"A supplier you might want to check out is Drip Works. "
I'd add: Be sure to ask for their commercial growers pricelist, not the retail one. There's also Berry Hill Irrigation in southern Virginia. I'm a recent convert to drip irrigation. I found it a bit of a challenge to take the plunge and set it all up, but it gets easier each time I set up a system. We made large wooden shuttles to rewind the tape at the end of the season and store it over the winter. Then we fit the shuttles on a length of rebar across the top of a garden cart, hold the rebar in place with strong spring clamps, and run out the tape again the next spring.
It's a nice efficient way of watering crops and doesn't water the weeds!
Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks Community, central Virginia, zone 7