market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] water storeage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maury sheets" <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] water storeage
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 14:39:51 -0400

Jay,

            Cisterns have been used for centuries to store drinking water.  They are usually in the ground where they can stay cool, dark and enclosed.  Using one for irrigation could easily be done.  They are usually concrete and hold thousands of gallons of water, but can be even a 55 gallon plastic barrel.  They must stay cool, dark and enclosed to keep out critters and insects.  A little beach occasionally keeps the algae down.

Maury  Sheets

Woodland Produce- Fairton, New Jersey

Hydroponically producing sustainable salad greens in the Northeast.