market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] well storage tank?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] well storage tank?
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 08:51:04 -0500 (CDT)

How large a well are you drilling?. My 4" well puts out 75 gpm my 6" puts out
a max of 300 gpm and my neighbors 8" put out 750 gpm. The point Im making is
to try a larger diameter well. I know folks in areas with little water often
build a pond and have a small capacity well filling it running 24/7. Then
irrigating from the pond... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

BTW we have had almost 6 weeks of cloudless skies and relentless burning
sunshine, if anyone has any spare clouds to give away I will be glad to take
them...