market-farming - [Market-farming] Head lettuce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "courtney mcleod" <sunmoonriver AT windstream.net>
  • To: "Market farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Head lettuce
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:04:33 -0400

I see many of you sell bagged lettuce as mixes and what not…do any of you sell head lettuce?  At the moment, that is all I have growing and wondering the best way to dry it?  I rinse, it’s hard to wash completely without the heads falling apart, then lay out to dry and then bag up.  I get $4 per bag and they weigh anywhere from 1/2 lb each to 1 lb.  Depends on the time of year for some reason???  The heads this time of year are much lighter than later in the season.  It’s weird to me!

Courtney

Herb Thyme

Middlefield, Oh