market-farming - [Market-farming] ants in greenhouses

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ken Bezilla" <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] ants in greenhouses
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 17:26:28 +0000

I've noticed in the past that having ants in a greenhouse seems to exacerbate aphid problems (probably since the ants are moving the aphids around and spreading them out). That hasn't been a problem for us this year -- seems like we had enough ladybugs to keep down the aphids -- but it is something I'd like to be more proactive about in the future. Anyone have a favorite method for dealing with greenhouse ants?

Ken Bezilla
Acorn Community Farm
Mineral, VA

Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon. http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglineapril07