market-farming - [Market-farming] Kerosene

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "John Drury" <jbd3 AT hughes.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Kerosene
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:55:53 -0500

I have a 96 x 100 hoophouse with tomatoes in the ground and all my seedlings in trays. I'm trying to keep the plants alive for the next couple of nights when temps might reach between 15-25 degrees. I thought I would try a kerosene heater for this period of time, but wondered if the fumes from the kerosene would cause any damage to the plants. Anybody know?

David Tannen