market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] selling plants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT hughes.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] selling plants
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:44:42 -0500

I start mine out in flats then transplant into small plastic cups. Paper
cups disintegrate on the bottoms.
Sue Wells

I have a local feed store interested in buying veggie plants from me to
resell, he wants tomatoes and peppers mostly. Where is the best and
cheapest place to get the 6 pack containers and trays? Has anyone tried
grwing in small paper cups? How about those little things that swell
when you add water, are they economical in numbers? We have an unheated
greenhouse to start them in.

Any wisdom is welcome!