market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Debt-Free-Organic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: road's end farm <organic101 AT linkny.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Debt-Free-Organic
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:14:22 -0500

On Feb 6, 2007, at 2:14 PM, sora AT coldreams.com wrote:

I got contacted this week by by phone by an organization calling
themselves Debt-Free-Organics. She told me it was a private trust out of
Salt Lake whose purpose was to financially aid organic farmers in debt.
She said she got my contact info through the Robyn Van En Center. We
talked a bit and she sent me an application by email. I did a google
search on the organization and didn't come up with anything at all. It
seems they are asking for a "processing donation" which usually raises
flags for me. In any case, have any of you heard of them or have any
info on their legitimacy?
many thanks Sora

I have never heard of them, but am highly suspicious of the "processing donation". I wouldn't send it. I would also be really careful about sending them any information (such as, are they asking for your bank account numbers? your social security number?)

You might also get ahold of the Robyn Van En center, which might not appreciate having their name used in this fashion.

If they actually turn out to be legitimate, though, please let the rest of us know! : )