market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] vegetables,cucumbers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: frshstrt AT baldwin-telecom.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] vegetables,cucumbers
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:31:37 -0600

I grew "Diva" this year for the first time and will not grow anything else! I planted it on a spot with a good amount of well rotted manure and the production was prolific with a minimum of watering in our drought. Taste was excellent with no peeling and few if any seeds. Some favorite other veggies are "Contender" green beans, nice and straight and good production. Tomatoes, love "Amish Paste" , "Early Goliath", "Golden Girl, "Big Mama", and favorite all-purpose is'Big Beef'. I don't grow too many heirlooms since my market customers like a regular tomato. I grew Burpee's 'Red Lightning and the taste was horrid. Nice orange and red stripes but I grow for production and taste. I may give some varieties another chance since this year may not have been the best year for some varieties anyway. Lu in Wis

  • Re: [Market-farming] vegetables,cucumbers, frshstrt, 11/17/2006