market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Post-Harvest Handling of Fall Greens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Post-Harvest Handling of Fall Greens
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:15:30 -0500

I'm still harvesting chard too.

When I pick chard, I put the stems in a bucket of water (the same as I
would flowers). It seems to stay better that way.

I'm doing this, as well. I would think that it would work, but am finding that the stuff picked in the hoop house, even with the house under 60 degrees still tends to go limp. Radishes have been worse! (We grow radishes for the greens.)