market-farming - [Market-farming] News on e-coli outbreak

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] News on e-coli outbreak
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:24:49 -0600

This is good news for the organic product!

Local is still better.  So many of our customers Saturday expressed their appreciation that they can count on us for quality food.  Wish our spinach was ready – but our mesclun had very strong sales.

“Natural Selection Foods LLC, the country's largest grower of organic produce, said late Sunday that manufacturing codes from packages of spinach that infected patients turned over to health officials all were from non-organic spinach. Natural Selection packages both organic and conventionally grown spinach in separate areas at its San Juan Bautista plant.

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/ap09-18-064405.asp?t=apnew&vts=91820060706

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm

  • [Market-farming] News on e-coli outbreak, Wiediger, Alison, 09/18/2006